Ingredients and Method:
So this is a cheeky little number I stole from somewhere once upon a time!
It was a sport night last night and so I decided to get ahead of the clock and prep the dinner before heading out to basketball. Then on returning, could slam it in the pan and throw the salad on the plate and be eating in about 10 minutes.
- Tin of tuna in spring water – 425g + I added a 125g as well (three hungry stomaches)
- Tin of chick peas
- Tin of or defrosted sweetcorn (optional)
- 2 to 3 capsicums – I used the mini chilli looking ones which are tasty
- Salt and pepper could add chilli flakes or something to spice it up a bit
- Tomatoes whichever you have
- Cucumber (you choose quantity)
- Sliced Olives
- Avocado (my fat favourite)
- Salt, lemon juice to dress
Jamie Oliver it together, so by this I mean don’t be too fussy, get grab a handful and form some nice shaped patties. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible so that they don’t fall apart in the pan.
Heat a non stick pan to semi hot add a little butter but don’t let it burn or coconut oil whichever is your preference.
Cook the patties until golden brown, leave them on a low heat in the over until you have cooked them all, this helps they stay in shape and dries them out a little which actually helps the finished product – depending on how thick you made them of course.
Chop and throw the salad ingredients into an bowl and sprinkle on a little salt and lemon juice.
Bung onto a plate with a serving of the salad and hey presto an easy, high protein dinner which the whole family will love. Could add a little sweet chilli sauce if you didn’t add chilli into the patties.