Fit 4 Life Sleep Consultation
Sleep is as vital to us as food or water and the ideal amount of sleep for each person varies, however the US National Sleep Foundation Review in 2015 recommended that adults generally need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep.
Aside from sleeping to alleviate tiredness, there a whole lot of other reasons why we need good sleep. Sleep affects almost every organ and system in the body – from heart, brain and lung function to metabolism, immune function, and mood. It helps to maintain, repair, and clean out neural or brain tissue, helping us to learn and create new memories, improving our concentration, productivity, and performance.
Without adequate sleep our risk of developing health issues like high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and depression increases.
Fit 4 Life Sleep Consultation Process
Assess client’s lifestyle and sleep baseline
- Lifestyle evaluation (Gain a holistic understanding of the person and their current lifestyle) using:
o Sleep diary (Investigates sleep patterns)
o Sleep questionnaire (International standard sleep metric)
2. Night Shift or Oura Ring Sleep Device: 3 nights
- Night Shift sleep device (medical grade sleep device) to be sent to the client. Data collected from the Night Shift sleep device will be assessed prior to consult.
1 on 1 consultation and analysis
- Up to 60minute online or in person appointment with Fit 4 Life sleep coach
- Sleep data is presented and worked through in this appointment for opportunities
- We then get you to complete the questionnaire again once some time has past to make some changes – this should give a ‘before’ and ‘after’ comparison
Investment: $150 (inc gst)
Additional follow up consultation
An option to ‘add on’ a follow up appointment in 3 months to evaluate sleep interventions and progress